Monday, February 22, 2010

Lauren: Weekend in Toledo

Hello Friends!
Last Wednesday is when i left off I suppose, so if I can remember I´ll start there.

I don´t really remember what I did Wednesday and Thursday...

Friday February 19th
On Friday Jano and I went to Toledo. When we got there we went straight to the car dealership where Jano´s parents (for Jano´s mom and sister) bought a new car. They bought a Skoda Fabia (blue with a white roof). Then Jano and I went to dinner at his friend Huxiao´s Chinese restaurant in the historic part of Toledo. So yummy! I know this sounds stupid, but the spring rolls here are so much better! After the spring rolls we had Peking Duck with rice and then bombon things for dessert. After that we went home and watched The Pianist on Jano´s new home cinema.

Saturday February 20th
Saturday I got up around 11 i think, then we had breakfast and watched tv until lunchtime. We had albondigas (meatballs, but really yummy) Then after lunch I studied for awhile and at 6 jano and I went to see some of his friends play soccer and had a beer and tapa with them after. Then Jano let me drive his car a little bit around the parking lot. I am pretty fine doing that; I think I need to move up to real roads and hills and parking and stuff. Then we went home for dinner. Fish (with bones of course). Then we went out for botellon. Jano and I both got pretty drunk and at 4 we left because Jano decided he really needed to eat a Doner Kebap, but! they were closed. Good thing we had chocolate in the car.

Sunday February 21st
I got up at 12 and we left at 1 to go to Madrid because it was Jano´s cousin Paula´s birthday and she was in town from England. (She is there for a semester to try to learn English). The lunch was really yummy. There was ham, of course, salad, mussels, almond soup (my fav) and then the main dish was stuffed squash which is fine but nothing great.

Monday February 22nd
This is today. This morning was weird. I left my house at 9:07 and was waiting for the bus 50 min (therefore getting on at 957) because apparently there was an accident. Then my class starts at 10 so I got there late, at around 10:15. Then I open the door to the class and there´s a different class in there. Anyway, I found out later that they had switched rooms but I wasnt aware since I got there late. Then I found out that on Mondays I don´t have my second class, so I got up at 815 to go to one class at 1 oclock. Then I was going to go to the erasmus office to pay for the trip to Valencia for las Fallas and it was closed. Pretty much a day full of failures. but its ok!

i love you and miss you all.

1 comment:

  1. so much yummy food! you better come back knowing how to cook it!

    ReplyDelete