Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day!

Hey!
Last Friday Jano had a basketball game on Friday and I went to that with Laura and Laura. It ended up that the other team didn't show (they were afraid) so we just watched them play around, but it was still fun. Later that night, we went over to Laura Hill's apartment. It was Jano and I, Laura, her roommate Terez, her other roommate Heleen and Heleen's boyfriend Yurun (im guessing), Billy, and Jano's friends Juan and Jesus (ketchup). We played my new game Party! It was so much fun and interesting because the game is in Spanish but we had Heleen who speaks English and Dutch and her boyfriend who only speaks Dutch, so someone had to translate the questions from Spanish to English than she had to from English to Dutch. hehe Apparently 2 liters is a lot more than I thought because I always buy two liters of beer and am like, this is not enough, so I bought a budweiser to go with my 2 liters of Mahou. A few hours later I was throwing up in the parking lot on my new boots (just a little).

Then on Saturday, I was pretty much wiped out, obviously. I was sleeping on and off with some attempts at eating and taking medicine and throwing up mixed in there until 5 pm. Then, after I finally got some medicine down, I was fine! We ordered pizza and watched some movie that right now I can't remember.

Sunday I hung out at Jano's most of the day and he made yummy pasta for lunch!

Monday, nothing really exciting happened. I went to class and bought myself a fresh orange juice which is ALWAYS delish but costs 1.40 for a small glass. Oh! I also booked a hotel for spring break in Sevilla! We are going from Sunday the 27th to Wednesday the 31st! woo happy holy week!

Tuesday was yesterday. I came home and studied bunches! I've been so good this week! Then Jano and I went to dinner at Gino's. I had farfalle primavera which was sooo good! BUT, European service has dipped to a new low. They now have buttons on your table that you press when you want the waiter. Now the server can literally do nothing all the time. He or she doesn't have to pay attention to you AT ALL until you press a little button and it calls. hmmm...Jano likes it though.. Then we started to watch el secreto de sus ojos but I fell asleep..I also had to do my first translation assignment on Tuesday and it's hard! It's so much more difficult than just talking without translating. I also made an english friend in my translation class because she's in my group.

Today is Wednesday, St. Patrick's Day! Today I had one class and I came home and was super productive again! so much studying and translating going on in there. except for the break I took to watch American Idol..and since I've been so good this week I'm going to go out to celebrate St. Patty's with my American posse.

Friday is Valencia!! wooo

sorry my blog is so boring and pictureless..
love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment